Saturday, October 15, 2011

So Proud!

I am finally getting around to posting pics and updates from the last six months!  This is what we sacrificed a year for, a beautiful April day in Arizona, when we watched Ryan graduate from the Intelligence Academy at Fort Huachuca.
Right after Graduation

Ryan winning an award for a perfect PT score!!  The military whipped him into the best shape of his life!!

Ryan's home for the eight months he was in Arizona.

His company in formation.

Ryan with Sgt. C.
He made some life long friends while he was gone and two of them were his Sgts, which is usually frowned upon.  Ryan was Student First Sgt during his cycle at Ft. Huachuca over 250 soldiers.

Happy to be together again!


Someday I will post my feelings and emotions from that day, and the year we spent apart.  It was one of the hardest, and best years of my life.  I learned a lot about myself, my strengths and weaknesses, as well as the strengths of my husband.  We grew as a family, and learned to rely on the Lord to guide us during the hardest times.  But most importantly I learned what it means to be a military family, and the sacrifice that millions of soldiers and their families make every day by wearing the uniform. 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You and all of the military moms out there are amazing. From where I sit, you handled it all so well. You might have felt otherwise during the thick of it :). Your family is great. I am glad you were all willing to sacrifice so much for our country.

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

I am so glad you posted! I am amazed at all you can do. When Rob is gone less than a week I feel like I am going to lose it. Thinking of our armed forces gives me hope for our great country.