Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joseph's Lullaby

This is my absoulute favorite Christmas song. I am not sure who originally wrote this, but the version I first heard was from the Christian Rock Band MercyMe. I couldn't find it on playlist.org when I originally made my Christmas mix, but I found this beautiful video on YouTube, which captures this song so magically. It uses images from The Nativity Story and The Passion, it is really moving, I warn you, I was sobbing, not just teary, but gasps. The sheer magnitude of His life, brings me to my knees. I only hope you will all enjoy it as much as I did. (You will have to pause my music player, so you can hear the sound from the video).


6 comments:

Christine said...

I have never heard that song before. It really is beautiful. I love that we are all putting videos up. HOpe you had fun tonight and got all your magnents done. I found a brown 8x8 albumn at Target...its perfect. THanks for the tip. love ya girl. nighty night.

jen said...

That song is beautiful, thank you for sharing it I'd never heard it before!

Kristi said...

I too have never heard that song before. It is so neat to think about what responsibility Joseph must have felt to raise the son of God. Wow.
Thanks for sharing.

allison nadauld said...

How did you get that video from YouTube? I spent forever trying to figure that out! I love the song and I've never seen those movies before. That moment when Joseph and Mary look at each other is so touching. How overwhelming and humbling the experience must have been for them. Thanks for sharing!

Autumn said...

Wow - thanks for that beautiful reminder of the reason for the season and for bring the spirit more into my day! It's so easy to get caught up into the doing of Christmas, it's wonderful to have those moments realign my priorities. Thanks.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Very Sweet!