Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fall Family Fun at Pheasant Field Farms!

I had to hurry up and post this before Thanksgiving, since technically it is still the Fall!! I had meant to post before Halloween, but certain people were anxious to see pics of the Holley-Ween Party!



I love fall, love, love love, and I especially love going to the Pumpkin Patch. I look forward to this all year. We go down to Seven Oaks farm at least once a week from June through October, to get fresh fruits and veggies, but once a year we trek on over to the little town of Phoenix to partake in the fun at Pheasant Field Farms. Usually, the kids are all in matching Halloween shirts from Old Navy, but I waited too long and they were all out of their sizes, so no matching shirts this year (note to self, next year go shopping earlier). They have a variety of activities, and a huge pumpkin patch. The boys started off the day with a fun foam bear magnet craft while Adeline and Granny made fruit loop necklaces.

Next we went through the kid size sunflower maze, and played with the farm animals.


They have a little sand area too, with lots of fun toys, but it was crowded so we ventured over to the game of all games, dunk the pumpkin! This is our families favorite activity. Last year Aiden was the only one to dunk the pumpkin (besides Daddy), but this year all the boys successfully knocked that crazy pumpkin in the water! They also have a pear shooting gallery, where you can launch pears from a giant sling shot into the windows of a three story haunted mansion facade. Usually this is Ryan's favorite, but this year he dunked the pumpkin instead.


Ashy, look at that form, can you say Major Leagues!!

Anden, anxiously awaiting his turn!

The MVP, two years in a row, Aiden Holley.


They also have a huge hay tower that all of the kids love to climb up, and then slide down, and yes, they all had tons of hay in their bum!

Daddy sliding down with the kids!
Ashden sliding down the hay mountain!



After that we all headed over to the giant corn maze for a game of hide and seek! We got lost for a while, which was a good thing, since all three boys had to go potty, and we were far from the bathroom, so they watered the corn stalks instead.
The kids all enjoyed picking out their pumpkins and even helped Sissy find one her size. They also tried to help me arrange the pumpkins on the door steps, but they didn't understand that putting them all in a row so people would have to step over them was a bad idea.
Last, but certainly not least, they all enjoyed a pony ride!
What a great way to spend a beautiful fall day in Southern Oregon, I don't know about the rest of you, but we sure do have the best of all seasons here in the valley. Nothing can beat the beautiful fall leaves in the hills, and the nice Indian Summer we get in October, 70 degree Saturdays!

8 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I didn't know about this place in Phoenix, I might have to give it a try next year! These pictures are beautiful, you are the QUEEN of FALL!! Sometimes you need to step out from BEHIND the camera and hand it to Ryan. . .

Kristi said...

I second that motion. I would like to see more of you in the pictures. Can you make requests for other people's postings? I am guilty of doing the same though.
I have never heard of the Phoenix pumpkin patch. It looks like a lot of fun. I will have to check it out...next year.
Adeline looks so cute in all of the pictures. Her eyes are a piercing blue.

Autumn said...

Such a fun fall activity - thanks again for the great tip that we were able to enjoy it too! I am with you on matching clothes for pictures - my husband laughs, but the kids just look so darn cute when the match. Of course, your kids are adorable either way! I am so impressed you guys dunked the pumpkins. Nathan tried hard, but to no avail. Of course, we both learned from soccer that he is not the most athletic guy out there...= )

Brandan and Becky said...

We always admired your pumpkins on your porch on our walks before Halloween, and it's fun to see their birthplace. Great photos! And Helen still likes the scarecrow in your yard.
Becky

allison nadauld said...

I had no idea there was a place like that here. Thanks for the info. Those pictures are really darling. I agree with Sarah. Let's see you in some of those pics already.

allison nadauld said...

Kari, I just read your comment on my blog and don't know how to reply. The program I use is free. You can download it on photoscape.com. I just play around with it and I used my pics to make a christmas card photo. It's simple and easy to use. DOWNLOAD IT NOW! There's no secret, And, give me I call and I'll tell you all I've discovered (although it's not much). Okay, this would have been better to write in an email. Sorry. Email me so I have your address. allisonnadauld@gmail.com

Christine said...

well its funny cuase i was thinking the same thing as sarah...so where the heck is Kari in all of these? You did get a small glimpse in the Adeline pony pic but come on...that wasn't enough! Well I think we can all agree that we need to head down to Phoneix next year...we'll hvae to all plan to go on a saturday sometime. Well i'm sure you're up photoscaping so hope you're havin' fun.

kells times four said...

Very cute photos Kari!