Friday, September 12, 2008

The World's Most Delightful Cupcakes

Here is the promised recipe thanks to my fabulous friend MJ. You won't be disappointed in the end result!!

Chocolate Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Heat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with paper baking cups. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; beat on medium speed for two minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into muffin tins. Bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from tins to wire racks. Cool completely before frosting. Makes about 30 cupcakes.
Buttercream Icing
5 T. soft butter or more (I use a whole cube!)
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
3 T milk or cream
1 1/2 tsp. Madagascar vanilla
unsweetened cocoa powder if desired for chocolate icing
Blend butter and sugar together. Stir in cream and vanilla until smooth. For chocolate frosting add cocoa powder and extra milk to desired consistency. Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

It is so fun to see your blog! It makes me really miss you all. Adeline looks like she had a fabulous birthday- I can't believe she is one already! How fun!
Amy

kells times four said...

Thanks! i was planning on making cupcakes tomorrow, so this is perfect! Miss you guys! ~Laurie

allison nadauld said...

I am so glad you joined the blog world and am really looking forward to reading all about your darling family!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OK, your brother is not the only CHEF in the family!!

Wow, that is so not worth it. I don't care how good these taste, I will never bake anything that didn't start in a box and take only 3 addition ingredients (oil, water, eggs) Too dang lazy.

Invite me over the next time you slave away in the kitchen making these, I'll give you 10 bucks.

Kristi said...

I love these cupcakes. It doesn't have to be someone's birthday to make these, right? I don't know if I can wait until November.
I do lack the flare to make treats cute like you did at Adeline's birthday. I just want to eat them asap.